Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Create new cloudera-sso users in CDP

Contributor

Hi,

how can I create, as Account Administrator, a CDP user using the default cloudera-sso IdP? 

I've already set an external IdP with SAML, but I would set a new local account and use it to sign-in with Cloudera SSO.

Thank you, best regards

Andrea

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

Hello Andrea, 

You can create a machine user for programmatic access. 

URL : https://docs.cloudera.com/management-console/cloud/user-management/topics/mc-create-machine-user.htm...

If you want a complete new user who can access the application (CDP) from support portal then you will need to have administrative case for new user creation and then you can enable SSO for that use. 

I hope I have answered your question.  If your question is answered can you please mark this comment "Accept as Solution" 

Thanks,

Azhar

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Collaborator

Hello @andrea_pretotto 

Good Day. 

CDP Account Administrator : 

You can create a administrative case to the cloudera support with the name and email address of the user (whom you want to have as CDP admin user). 

You can also reach out to your Cloudera Accounts Team. 

I understand you already have an external IDP integrated with CDP and would like to use the new user (CDP admin user) with SS0. 

You can later enable SS0 for the user from User Management Tab. 

Regards, 

Azhar Shaikh 

Contributor

Hi @Azhar_Shaikh,

thank you for the answer.

My account has the administrator role, and I would like to create other "normal" CDP users (who can log in through Cloudera SSO). Is it necessary to create a case?

Thank you again, best regards

Andrea

Master Collaborator

Hello Andrea, 

You can create a machine user for programmatic access. 

URL : https://docs.cloudera.com/management-console/cloud/user-management/topics/mc-create-machine-user.htm...

If you want a complete new user who can access the application (CDP) from support portal then you will need to have administrative case for new user creation and then you can enable SSO for that use. 

I hope I have answered your question.  If your question is answered can you please mark this comment "Accept as Solution" 

Thanks,

Azhar

Community Manager

@andrea_pretotto, Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. 

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: