Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Creating a NiFi processor nar includes all available versions of a dependency

I'm building a custom processor (using the nifi-nar-maven-plugin plugin for assembling) and today, after updating a few dependencies, I noticed the produced nar file was almost twice of its original size. I extracted the nar file only to find that multiple versions of dependencies were packaged, rather than just the updated ones specified in the pom file.

Is this a known issue? Any solution?

47421-2018-01-02-13-31-48.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Turns out it was due to not calling maven's "clean" before re-packaging. It had magically disappeared from my sbt tasks during some update.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Turns out it was due to not calling maven's "clean" before re-packaging. It had magically disappeared from my sbt tasks during some update.

View solution in original post

New Contributor

Can anyone tell me how can we add the version numbers to our custom processors. I am trying to pass the version in my pom, like below

<version>2.0.0-snapshot</version>
<packaging>pom</packaging>
<artifactId>project-artifactID</artifactId>

<parent>
<groupId>groupName</groupId>
<artifactId>parent-project-name</artifactId>
<version>1.0.0</version>
</parent>

Basically, I'm expecting my custom processor should pick the version 2.0.0-snapshot while building but that's not happening. Can anyone point me out to the problem?

Super Guru

I just iterated mine. https://github.com/tspannhw/nifi-tensorflow-processor

make sure you update all the poms, one in each subdirectory.

also then

mvn clean

mvn package

make this 2 as well <version>1.0.0</version>

New Contributor

I want to create three custom nifi processors say B,C,D where the common functionality is extracted to an abstract class say A which extends nifi's abstract processor and B,C,D all child of A. What is the recommended way of doing that?