Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Critical alerts for Hive Metastore. Hive not able to write to Oracle DB.

Expert Contributor

2016-04-25 09:14:29,143 ERROR [main]: metastore.HiveMetaStore (HiveMetaStore.java:startMetaStore(6068)) - javax.jdo.JDOUserException: Exception thrown while loading remaining rows of query at org.datanucleus.api.jdo.JDOAdapter.getUserExceptionForException(JDOAdapter.java:1139) at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.query.ForwardQueryResult.closingConnection(ForwardQueryResult.java:296) at org.datanucleus.store.query.AbstractQueryResult.disconnect(AbstractQueryResult.java:107) at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.query.AbstractRDBMSQueryResult.disconnect(AbstractRDBMSQueryResult.java:236) at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.query.JDOQLQuery$2.transactionPreClose(JDOQLQuery.java:755) at org.datanucleus.store.connection.AbstractManagedConnection.transactionPreClose(AbstractManagedConnection.java:94) at org.datanucleus.store.connection.ConnectionManagerImpl$2.transactionPreRollBack(ConnectionManagerImpl.java:447) at org.datanucleus.TransactionImpl.internalPreRollback(TransactionImpl.java:500) at org.datanucleus.TransactionImpl.rollback(TransactionImpl.java:427) at org.datanucleus.api.jdo.JDOTransaction.rollback(JDOTransaction.java:182) at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.ObjectStore.rollbackTransaction(ObjectStore.java:505) at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.ObjectStore.getMSchemaVersion(ObjectStore.java:6763) at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.ObjectStore.getMetaStoreSchemaVersion(ObjectStore.java:6732) at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.ObjectStore.checkSchema(ObjectStore.java:6690) at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.ObjectStore.verifySchema(ObjectStore.java:6674) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Changing from Oracle 12c to MySQL DB got Hive working without issues.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Expert Contributor

Pleasure @Satish Bomma. Unfortunately, i did not open a support ticket for this issue. Please update me on the fix if you get it resolved. Thank you. Maybe i should also add that our Oozie workflows were also very epileptic when it was on Oracle 12c and was only stable when it was changed to MySQL.

@Satish Bomm,@Joshua Adeleke i am getting same problem. the surprise is i am able to create all hive tables to oracle and that too from hive/bin/schematool but when starting metastore getting this problem.using oracle 11g with java 8 and ojdbc7.jar. any solution will help. i have to setup on oracle only.