Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Custom configuration using safety valve for Hive

Expert Contributor

I've updated the configuration for Hive using CM under "Hive Service Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for hive-site.xml" providing this configuration:

<property>
  <name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
  <value>some.zookeeper.node</ value>
</property>

After restarting the Hive service, I don't see this config in the /etc/hive/conf.cloudera.hive/hive-site.xml config file. It seems to already have this property set to some other value. Does adding a safety value with an existing property overwrite or append the value to the hive-site.xml?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Client and Service configurations have distinct safety valve parameters in CM. Find the safety valve for Hive clients and make your change there.

Thanks,
Darren

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Collaborator

From the CM Home Page, Next to your cluster name at the top of the list of deployed services, there is a button that is a down arrow, click that and select "Deploy Client Configuration", select that and it will refresh the client side files.

Runtime configurations are pushed each restart through the agent to the current process instance path under /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/.  These are automatically managed and are a memory mapped path for the services. 

Expert Contributor

Thanks for the info. I did the 'Deploy client configuration' but still do not see the hive-site.xml updated with the configuration I provided in the safety valve field via CM.

Please let me know if there is any other way to verify the deployment.

Thansk!

Client and Service configurations have distinct safety valve parameters in CM. Find the safety valve for Hive clients and make your change there.

Thanks,
Darren