Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Delete custom Type with relationshipAttributeDefs

Explorer

Hello,

I have built a custom Type with no Entities.  However when I try to delete it I get an error, "Given type InformationAssets has references".  When I pull back that Type using the API I can see it has some built-in relationship:

"relationshipAttributeDefs": [
{
"name": "meanings",
"typeName": "array<AtlasGlossaryTerm>",
"isOptional": true,
"cardinality": "SET",
"valuesMinCount": -1,
"valuesMaxCount": -1,
"isUnique": false,
"isIndexable": false,
"includeInNotification": false,
"searchWeight": -1,
"relationshipTypeName": "AtlasGlossarySemanticAssignment",
"isLegacyAttribute": false
}
]

There are no entities under this Type, so there are no Glossary Terms assigned to it.  I'm not sure how this relationship was created in the first place.  I've deleted relationshipDefs before, but this one "AtlasGlossarySemanticAssignment" appears to be some built-in relationship.  

Does anyone know how I can remove this in order to delete the Type?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

I found out the issue I faced was not because of the relationshipAttributeDefs of "meanings".  This is apparently inherited from the Referenceable supertype.  This was not the cause of me getting the "Given type InformationAssets has references" error when trying to delete.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Explorer

I found out the issue I faced was not because of the relationshipAttributeDefs of "meanings".  This is apparently inherited from the Referenceable supertype.  This was not the cause of me getting the "Given type InformationAssets has references" error when trying to delete.