Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Deploy cloudera CM build cluster in AWS failed

Solved Go to solution

Deploy cloudera CM build cluster in AWS failed

Contributor

i tried to deploy Cloudera Cm in AWS faild 

i think might be the clouder-scm dont have authorize so  i follow the previous posted solution below .

Then i restart the machine to test . now i am not able to come to the autoconfig page . 

1. How to restart autoconfig ?

2. If not able to restart autoconfig how to manually config the cluster ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ln -s YOUR_JAVA_HOME /usr/java/default

2. add sudo nopassword to cloudera-scm user

vim /etc/sudoers

-----------------------------------

cloudera-scm    ALL=(ALL)       NOPASSWD: ALL

aws.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Deploy cloudera CM build cluster in AWS failed

Cloudera Employee

The error states:

"Either your MetaData is incorrect, or you need to enable "datanucleus.autoCreateTables""

You need to do one of two things:

1. Uninstall and reinstall Hive.

or

2. On the Hive MetaStore server, add the following to the "/etc/hive/conf.cloudera.hive/hive-site.xml" file:

<property>
  <name>datanucleus.autoCreateTables</name>
  <value>True</value>
</property>

Restart the Hive service.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Contributor

i find out how to restart the config and check the log . In the log i find below error :

so i tried to curl the each node i started get Connection refuse error 

Failed to connect to previous supervisor.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf-5.8.2-py2.7.egg/cmf/agent.py", line 2083, in find_or_start_supervisor
    self.configure_supervisor_clients()
  File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf-5.8.2-py2.7.egg/cmf/agent.py", line 2268, in configure_supervisor_clients
    supervisor_options.realize(args=["-c", os.path.join(self.supervisor_dir, "supervisord.conf")])

Cloudera Employee

Hello,

Can you tell me what OS (and its version) you are using in your attempt to deploy a CM cluster in AWS?

Contributor

thank you for the reply .

now i have issue for the Hive metastore database start . not able to connnect the to postgresql give me wrong credential for user "Hive". so i trying to login embeded database then change the password and try.

but i when i run i got below error .

/usr/bin/postgres -D /var/lib/cloudera-scm-server-db/data

postgres cannot access the server configuration file "/var/lib/cloudera-scm-server-db/data/postgresql.conf": Permission denied

Contributor

now i run 

psql -U cloudera-scm -p 7432 -h /var/run/cloudera-scm-server

it give me below error:

psql: FATAL: database "cloudera-scm" does not exist

Cloudera Employee

Hello,

cat db.properties file and note the database name and username: 

cat /etc/cloudera-scm-server/db.properties

You psql command looks a bit odd.  Use the information from the db.properites file to run the following command:

psql -d <database-name> -U <username> -h localhost -p 7432

If you still get the same error, then you probably missed a step and should perform a reinstallation.

If you still have issues after a reinstallation, I can give step-by-step instructions for an AWS install.

Contributor

yes i got the password from db.properties file and use below comand get the Hive password.

then i reset the password in the configuration page .but i get new error 

psql -U scm -p 7432 -h /var/run/cloudera-scm-server -c "select attr,value from configs where attr like 'hive_metastore_database%';"

Failed to acquire connection to jdbc:postgresql://ip-172-31-15-162.us-west-1.compute.internal:7432/hive. Sleeping for 7000 ms. Attempts left: 3 org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: the database system is shutting down

Contributor

i run below query and i am able to connect to PostgreSQL

psql -h ip-172-31-15-162.us-west-1.compute.internal -p 7432 -d hive -U hive

i checked the log file now the error is 

WARN DataNucleus.Query: [main]: Query for candidates of org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.model.MVersionTable and subclasses resulted in no possible candidates
Required table missing : ""VERSION"" in Catalog "" Schema "". DataNucleus requires this table to perform its persistence operations. Either your MetaData is incorrect, or you need to enable "datanucleus.autoCreateTables"
org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.exceptions.MissingTableException: Required table missing : ""VERSION"" in Catalog "" Schema "". DataNucleus requires this table to perform its persistence operations. Either your MetaData is incorrect, or you need to enable "datanucleus.autoCreateTables"
at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.table.AbstractTable.exists(AbstractTable.java:485)

Cloudera Employee

The error states:

"Either your MetaData is incorrect, or you need to enable "datanucleus.autoCreateTables""

You need to do one of two things:

1. Uninstall and reinstall Hive.

or

2. On the Hive MetaStore server, add the following to the "/etc/hive/conf.cloudera.hive/hive-site.xml" file:

<property>
  <name>datanucleus.autoCreateTables</name>
  <value>True</value>
</property>

Restart the Hive service.

View solution in original post

Contributor

thank you for your reply . after apply your suggestion i facing below error again.i find out someone said it is a bug but not impact running .Please help to give some input 

ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.KeyProviderCache
[pool-4-thread-1]: Could not find uri with key [dfs.encryption.key.provider.uri] to create a keyProvider !!