Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Deploy cloudera CM build cluster in AWS failed

Contributor

i tried to deploy Cloudera Cm in AWS faild 

i think might be the clouder-scm dont have authorize so  i follow the previous posted solution below .

Then i restart the machine to test . now i am not able to come to the autoconfig page . 

1. How to restart autoconfig ?

2. If not able to restart autoconfig how to manually config the cluster ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ln -s YOUR_JAVA_HOME /usr/java/default

2. add sudo nopassword to cloudera-scm user

vim /etc/sudoers

-----------------------------------

cloudera-scm    ALL=(ALL)       NOPASSWD: ALL

aws.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

The error states:

"Either your MetaData is incorrect, or you need to enable "datanucleus.autoCreateTables""

You need to do one of two things:

1. Uninstall and reinstall Hive.

or

2. On the Hive MetaStore server, add the following to the "/etc/hive/conf.cloudera.hive/hive-site.xml" file:

<property>
  <name>datanucleus.autoCreateTables</name>
  <value>True</value>
</property>

Restart the Hive service.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Contributor

i find out how to restart the config and check the log . In the log i find below error :

so i tried to curl the each node i started get Connection refuse error 

Failed to connect to previous supervisor.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf-5.8.2-py2.7.egg/cmf/agent.py", line 2083, in find_or_start_supervisor
    self.configure_supervisor_clients()
  File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf-5.8.2-py2.7.egg/cmf/agent.py", line 2268, in configure_supervisor_clients
    supervisor_options.realize(args=["-c", os.path.join(self.supervisor_dir, "supervisord.conf")])

Rising Star

Hello,

Can you tell me what OS (and its version) you are using in your attempt to deploy a CM cluster in AWS?

Contributor

thank you for the reply .

now i have issue for the Hive metastore database start . not able to connnect the to postgresql give me wrong credential for user "Hive". so i trying to login embeded database then change the password and try.

but i when i run i got below error .

/usr/bin/postgres -D /var/lib/cloudera-scm-server-db/data

postgres cannot access the server configuration file "/var/lib/cloudera-scm-server-db/data/postgresql.conf": Permission denied

Contributor

now i run 

psql -U cloudera-scm -p 7432 -h /var/run/cloudera-scm-server

it give me below error:

psql: FATAL: database "cloudera-scm" does not exist

Rising Star

Hello,

cat db.properties file and note the database name and username: 

cat /etc/cloudera-scm-server/db.properties

You psql command looks a bit odd.  Use the information from the db.properites file to run the following command:

psql -d <database-name> -U <username> -h localhost -p 7432

If you still get the same error, then you probably missed a step and should perform a reinstallation.

If you still have issues after a reinstallation, I can give step-by-step instructions for an AWS install.

Contributor

yes i got the password from db.properties file and use below comand get the Hive password.

then i reset the password in the configuration page .but i get new error 

psql -U scm -p 7432 -h /var/run/cloudera-scm-server -c "select attr,value from configs where attr like 'hive_metastore_database%';"

Failed to acquire connection to jdbc:postgresql://ip-172-31-15-162.us-west-1.compute.internal:7432/hive. Sleeping for 7000 ms. Attempts left: 3 org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: the database system is shutting down

Contributor

i run below query and i am able to connect to PostgreSQL

psql -h ip-172-31-15-162.us-west-1.compute.internal -p 7432 -d hive -U hive

i checked the log file now the error is 

WARN DataNucleus.Query: [main]: Query for candidates of org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.model.MVersionTable and subclasses resulted in no possible candidates
Required table missing : ""VERSION"" in Catalog "" Schema "". DataNucleus requires this table to perform its persistence operations. Either your MetaData is incorrect, or you need to enable "datanucleus.autoCreateTables"
org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.exceptions.MissingTableException: Required table missing : ""VERSION"" in Catalog "" Schema "". DataNucleus requires this table to perform its persistence operations. Either your MetaData is incorrect, or you need to enable "datanucleus.autoCreateTables"
at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.table.AbstractTable.exists(AbstractTable.java:485)

Rising Star

The error states:

"Either your MetaData is incorrect, or you need to enable "datanucleus.autoCreateTables""

You need to do one of two things:

1. Uninstall and reinstall Hive.

or

2. On the Hive MetaStore server, add the following to the "/etc/hive/conf.cloudera.hive/hive-site.xml" file:

<property>
  <name>datanucleus.autoCreateTables</name>
  <value>True</value>
</property>

Restart the Hive service.

Contributor

thank you for your reply . after apply your suggestion i facing below error again.i find out someone said it is a bug but not impact running .Please help to give some input 

ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.KeyProviderCache
[pool-4-thread-1]: Could not find uri with key [dfs.encryption.key.provider.uri] to create a keyProvider !!