Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Deploy own service on Cloudera

Explorer

HI,

I am trying to install a custom service on Cloudera. This service requires some libs for it to run.

I have created the CSD sdl and control.sh file and created a jar out of it.

The issue is that I am not getting where to put service libs in Cloudera. Should these be bundled in CSD jar itself? or should these be installed as parcel. If as parcel, how to install it. I do not see much doc on installing/deploying local parcel on Cloudera manager.

Please help. 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hello @NumeroUnoNU ,

thank you for raising your enquiries about how to build a CSD. Have you seen the github repo [1] along with the instructions on how to build and deploy your custom solution, please?

Please note the side-menu on the right with the links of the different instructions on e.g. how to build a parcel, how to create control scripts and so on.

Please let us know if you found the information on our github repo that you were looking for!

Thank you:

Ferenc

[1] https://github.com/cloudera/cm_ext/wiki/CSD-Overview

Ferenc Erdelyi, Technical Solutions Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

View solution in original post

Hello @NumeroUnoNU ,

yes, you either parse the contents of the hdfs-site.xml or you utilise the HDFS Client, so you do not need to worry about implementation details. I've just quickly googled for you an explanation of what is HDFS Client [1]. If you go for the parsing exercise, make sure you are not referencing the NN, otherwise on failover you should prepare your script to handle that situation.

Kind regards:

Ferenc

[1] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43221993/what-does-client-exactly-mean-for-hadoop-hdfs

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

Hello @NumeroUnoNU ,

I've run the "alternatives --list" command on a cluster node and noticed that there is a "hadoop-conf" item, which points to a directory that has the hdfs-site.xml location.

You can also discover it by: "/usr/sbin/alternatives --display hadoop-conf".

This lead to me to google for "/var/lib/alternatives/hadoop-conf" and found this Community Article reply, which I believe answers your question.

In short if you have e.g. gateway roles deployed for HDFS on a node, you will find the up-to-date hdfs-site.xml in /etc/hadoop/conf folder...

We have a little bit diverged from the original topic in this thread. To make the conversation easier to read for future visitors, would you mind open a new thread for each major topics, please?

Please let us know if the above information helped you by pressing the "Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards:

Ferenc

11 REPLIES 11

Explorer

Hi Ferenc,

If I use HDFS client (either CLI or Java), would it pick the hdfs-site.xml automatically? How does it get to know the location? I suppose I need to set hadoop.home.dir? If yes, what will be its value (which path I should put as value)?

Thanks.

Hello @NumeroUnoNU ,

I've run the "alternatives --list" command on a cluster node and noticed that there is a "hadoop-conf" item, which points to a directory that has the hdfs-site.xml location.

You can also discover it by: "/usr/sbin/alternatives --display hadoop-conf".

This lead to me to google for "/var/lib/alternatives/hadoop-conf" and found this Community Article reply, which I believe answers your question.

In short if you have e.g. gateway roles deployed for HDFS on a node, you will find the up-to-date hdfs-site.xml in /etc/hadoop/conf folder...

We have a little bit diverged from the original topic in this thread. To make the conversation easier to read for future visitors, would you mind open a new thread for each major topics, please?

Please let us know if the above information helped you by pressing the "Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards:

Ferenc