Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Did Anyone Attempt to Deploy HDP with Docker on Mesos?

Super Guru

Any reference documentation indicating approach, challenges, findings, pros and cons. Why would be indicated or why not?

I'm aware that Cloudbreak could be potentially used to deploy HDP with docker on cloud or Openstack, but I never tried it, however, that seems to be possible and is already done. What about adding Mesos in this mix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

Salut Constantin Currently this is tech preview due to some limitations - there are some changes undergoing within Mesos (unified containerizes, IP per container, reverse lookups, storage drivers, etc to name a few) - so expect a large change here. Nevertheless if someone is happy with the current limitations (namely running with net=host) the code is stable and works well (we and a few others have test/dev clusters). Should you want more details drop me a mail.

Janos

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rising Star

Super Guru

@Janos Matyas

Köszönöm, Janos. Fast reply 🙂

Are you aware of anyone that actually tried it? It is still a brittle technology mix and wanted to learn about the findings before recommending it to a big customer.

Rising Star

Salut Constantin Currently this is tech preview due to some limitations - there are some changes undergoing within Mesos (unified containerizes, IP per container, reverse lookups, storage drivers, etc to name a few) - so expect a large change here. Nevertheless if someone is happy with the current limitations (namely running with net=host) the code is stable and works well (we and a few others have test/dev clusters). Should you want more details drop me a mail.

Janos