Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Difference between apache knox and kerberos

Rising Star

Hello evryone,

I just start with secure my cluster HDP. And i don't well undestand the difference between apache knox and Kerberos.

can you please help my to understand that.

Thanks

AD-B

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

@Baruch AMOUSSOU DJANGBAN Apache Knox is sort of Reverse Proxy which seats on Security Perimeter behind firewall and provide single point of access to underlying Hadoop services. An User will authenticate to Knox which can be configured to use Active Directory/LDAP/SAML-Based Identity Provider. Once User is authenticated with Knox, Knox will use it's own Kerberos Keytab to authenticate with other Hadoop services securely. Note: Apache Knox is not alternative to Kerberos.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Expert Contributor

@Baruch AMOUSSOU DJANGBAN Apache Knox is sort of Reverse Proxy which seats on Security Perimeter behind firewall and provide single point of access to underlying Hadoop services. An User will authenticate to Knox which can be configured to use Active Directory/LDAP/SAML-Based Identity Provider. Once User is authenticated with Knox, Knox will use it's own Kerberos Keytab to authenticate with other Hadoop services securely. Note: Apache Knox is not alternative to Kerberos.

Rising Star

@Krishna Pandey thanks for your answer

Master Guru

Rising Star

@Timothy Spann thanks for your answer