Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Docker Cloudera image Hue login issues

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

Re: Docker Cloudera image Hue login issues

Contributor

Yeah, they sold Powerschool off to a competitor who took it way past what we had.  One of the Java engineers talked the new company into letting him re-write it in Java.

It looks pretty cool from the last time I looked at it.

I remember that group back in the day.  I still have my email address and am using 50GB of iCloud storage for the day my Mac goes down.  I bought a 2016 laptop in 2017 and absolutely love it.  All except the memory.  In which they fixed in the newest releases of MacBook Pro.  Dang company!  :-)

Dude, I got some stories of sticking with something.  I have about 33 years of Unix experience starting back in the day with Sun Microsystems servers.  I own a Sun Sparc Classic and a Sun Enterprise 250 workgroup server.  Both of them will still boot.

I wil let you know if anything pops up as I am going to do some Django development as a phase II project to manage users automatically.  I figured out how to web scrape the Hue page using the older user list URL (/useradmin/users/) that doesn't use Javascript to load the user list (/hue/useradmin/users/).  Although, Hue warns the older URL is old, it still works.  I have not figured out yet how to load the user list with the new (current) URL of "/hue/useradmin/users/" but will get back to it later.  It would be nice to have an API for Hue as Cloudera Manager has.  My project was to auto-delete Cloudera and Hue users that have left the company.  I have all the prototype functionality built and am about to bring it all together into a package.

Thanks for all your help!