Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Docker sandbox-hdp cannot be accessed

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

Docker sandbox-hdp cannot be accessed

New Contributor

Hello,

I've installed the sandbox-hdp docker-container on my ubuntu-server using Kitematic.
The deploy process was quick and easy. 
The ports 22, 4200 and 8080 are forwarded to localhost on different ports (32785-32783).

When trying to access these with my browser the page can't be reached.

Any tips? Do I need to use some other network adapter? Are other ports needed?

regards

muffex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Docker sandbox-hdp cannot be accessed

Expert Contributor

@Muffex Did you follow instructions in Sandbox Deployment and Install Guide and Learning the Ropes of the HDP Sandbox?

Learning the Ropes will show you how to setup your /etc/hosts correctly - along with other good stuff.
The script will handle all the setup - no other ports needed.

There is also a short video describing the process: How to deploy sandbox using Docker

If you still have issues, please provide screenshots and deploy script output.

2 REPLIES 2

Expert Contributor

@Muffex Did you follow instructions in Sandbox Deployment and Install Guide and Learning the Ropes of the HDP Sandbox?

Learning the Ropes will show you how to setup your /etc/hosts correctly - along with other good stuff.
The script will handle all the setup - no other ports needed.

There is also a short video describing the process: How to deploy sandbox using Docker

If you still have issues, please provide screenshots and deploy script output.

New Contributor
I've tried to get the docker container to run under Windows 10 and Ubuntu-Server. In both cases I wasn't aber to reach the Ambari-Web-Interface. Since I couldn't resolve the issue I switched to the VirtualBox-VM which works pretty well. Thanks anyway!
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here