Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Docker sandbox-hdp cannot be accessed

Explorer

Hello,

I've installed the sandbox-hdp docker-container on my ubuntu-server using Kitematic.
The deploy process was quick and easy. 
The ports 22, 4200 and 8080 are forwarded to localhost on different ports (32785-32783).

When trying to access these with my browser the page can't be reached.

Any tips? Do I need to use some other network adapter? Are other ports needed?

regards

muffex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

@Muffex Did you follow instructions in Sandbox Deployment and Install Guide and Learning the Ropes of the HDP Sandbox?

Learning the Ropes will show you how to setup your /etc/hosts correctly - along with other good stuff.
The script will handle all the setup - no other ports needed.

There is also a short video describing the process: How to deploy sandbox using Docker

If you still have issues, please provide screenshots and deploy script output.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Collaborator

@Muffex Did you follow instructions in Sandbox Deployment and Install Guide and Learning the Ropes of the HDP Sandbox?

Learning the Ropes will show you how to setup your /etc/hosts correctly - along with other good stuff.
The script will handle all the setup - no other ports needed.

There is also a short video describing the process: How to deploy sandbox using Docker

If you still have issues, please provide screenshots and deploy script output.

Explorer
I've tried to get the docker container to run under Windows 10 and Ubuntu-Server. In both cases I wasn't aber to reach the Ambari-Web-Interface. Since I couldn't resolve the issue I switched to the VirtualBox-VM which works pretty well. Thanks anyway!