Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Does Ambari automatically adjust memory settings for colocated HBase?

If I install a colocated instance of HBase with a YARN cluster (i.e., workers running NodeManager, Datanode, and RegionServer daemons) then does Ambari automatically adjust YARN memory to account for the HBase RegionServers or should I still tune the memory using the companion scripts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

@Ted Yu

Ambari does not automatically adjust memory for any components. You should use the companion scripts to calculate and tune the heap memory for each component.

Also, you should try using Smartsense, which can identify signs of potential issues and provide recommendations for better tuning of HDP components.

Neither Ambari, nor Smartsense will make any automatic adjustment to the configuration of HDP components. There are defaults values for the configuration ( which must be manually tuned as per cluster usage ).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Collaborator

By default, each component (NodeManager, Datanode, and RegionServer daemon) would have their own predetermined heap memory setting.

You need to tune yourself.

Expert Contributor

@Ted Yu

Ambari does not automatically adjust memory for any components. You should use the companion scripts to calculate and tune the heap memory for each component.

Also, you should try using Smartsense, which can identify signs of potential issues and provide recommendations for better tuning of HDP components.

Neither Ambari, nor Smartsense will make any automatic adjustment to the configuration of HDP components. There are defaults values for the configuration ( which must be manually tuned as per cluster usage ).