Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Does HDP or HDF support Kafka rest api?

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

Super Guru

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Does HDP or HDF support Kafka rest api?

Mentor

This contribution did not pass community vote and lives in Hortonworks repo https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/KAFKA-3294

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

@Sunile Manjee

As KafkaConnect, the Kafka REST Proxy is also part of the Kafka included in HDP or HDF. Neither one is supported as far as I am aware.

Highlighted

New Contributor

Are you referring the to REST api for KafkaConnect, or the Kafka REST proxy itself? I'm seeing jars related to KafkaConnect in our installation, but none of the dependencies for kafka-rest (rest-utils, schema-registry).

Highlighted

Explorer

@Zachary Brown

Kafka REST api did not make it yet. See JIRA mentioned by Artem. Kafka REST proxy is included with Confluent Kafka.

Highlighted

Mentor

This contribution did not pass community vote and lives in Hortonworks repo https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/KAFKA-3294

View solution in original post

Explorer

Any idea if there are any plans to include the kafka rest proxy in the near future into HDF. I noticed the JIRA has been closed as it didn't pass community vote but it's been added to the confluent platform and was wondering if the same will occur for HDF

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here