Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Does nifi (HDF 1.2) have a processor to read records from a hbase table based on a rowkey?

Contributor

Does nifi (HDF 1.2) have a processor to read records from a hbase table based on a rowkey?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

There is a GetHBase processor described here:

https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/components/org.apache.nifi.hbase.GetHBase/index.html

It is intended to do an incremental retrieval from an HBase table.

Does this work for your use-case, or are you looking for something different?

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Master Guru

@Anoop Nair Take a look at the getHbase processor here. Use filter on rowkey.

Master Guru

There is a GetHBase processor described here:

https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/components/org.apache.nifi.hbase.GetHBase/index.html

It is intended to do an incremental retrieval from an HBase table.

Does this work for your use-case, or are you looking for something different?

Contributor

I'm not looking at a polling processor. The requirement is to query hbase on a specfic rowkey on demand basis.

What do you mean by on-demand basis?

Contributor

The requirement is to read data from a kafka topic. The data has the rowkey that should be used to query data from a hbase table and send the column value to a JMS queue. Here is the flow:

Getkafka processor -> Gethbase -> Publish JMS

The problem is GetHbase processor cannot be an intermediate processor in the above chain.

New Contributor

@Anoop Nair Are you able to create gethasebykey? Appreciate if you could share your experience..We have similar use case

Master Guru

@Theena R can you provide some input about your use-case...

1. Are you receiving messages from somewhere (Kafaka/JMS/etc) and those messages have a row key that you want to fetch?
  2. Are you looking to fetch the whole row (i.e. multiple cells) or do you know a specific col-family:col-qualifier and only want to fetch a single cell?
  3. What type of output would you expect? something similar to the JSON representation that GetHBase produces?

New Contributor

@Bryan Bende Yes. On day 1, We are receiving JSON record as input which has a key and load into HBase using HbbasePut JSON. 2. On day 2, we get the same message with few changes. Need to determine if any changes and emit as delta to another processor. I am looking to query Hbase based on row key and get all other columns from Hbase and compare in the next processor (JSON path eval) and route as delta if there is any change in the values. GetHbase only scans a table and generates flowfile. I need to query on-demand based on a row query and get JSON representation as output.

Master Guru

I created this JIRA:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-1784

How would you want the data for the row to be represented in a NiFi flow file?

JSON document where the key/value pairs are column qualifiers / values?