Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Download CDH 5.4 and 5.12

Explorer

Hello, I would like to download the CDH sources to securize my deployed clusters (one in 5.4.3 and the other in 5.12.1) but when I try to download with wget and the detail found in page

https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/release-notes/topics/cdh_vd_cdh_download_54.html#...

or

https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/release-notes/topics/cdh_vd_cdh_download_512.html...

I try with my account informations but when I use them directly I obtain a n error "Wrong port number" and I try to encode the password for url and this time I obtain.

Does anyone could help me please

--2021-06-07 16:18:12-- https://*login*:*password*@archive.cloudera.com/p/cdh5/ubuntu/trusty/amd64/cdh/
Résolution de archive.cloudera.com (archive.cloudera.com)… 151.101.120.167
Connexion à archive.cloudera.com (archive.cloudera.com)|151.101.120.167|:443… connecté.
requête HTTP transmise, en attente de la réponse… 401 Authentication required
Authentification sélectionnée : Basic realm=Secured
Connexion à archive.cloudera.com (archive.cloudera.com)|151.101.120.167|:443… connecté.
requête HTTP transmise, en attente de la réponse… 403 Authentication failed
2021-06-07 16:18:13 erreur 403 : Authentication failed.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Gregonmac,

Two questions arise right away:

• Are you really attempting to download the CDH source code for 5.4.3 and 5.12.1 or are you trying to obtain the binaries/packages for those two legacy versions?
  •  Do you have a valid Cloudera subscription?

The reason I ask the second question is because on the same page(s) you cited (e.g., CDH 5.4.x Download Information), you should also have seen a highlighted box with the following final sentence:

For more information, see Updating an existing CDH/Cloudera Manager deployment to access downloads with authentication.

Following that hyperlink would lead you to a page explaining that:

…To access the binaries at the locations below, you must first have an active subscription agreement and obtain a license key file along with the required authentication credentials (username and password).

Emphasis added. I think the most likely explanation for why you are getting an HTTP 403 Authentication failed error message is that you are not using the correct credentials, assuming that you do not have a valid Cloudera subscription. 

if you are in fact seeking binaries, hopefully you are aware that earlier this year, Cloudera modified its repositories and you are also aware that the binaries you are seeking to download are now only available in a private repository. If not, please see the announcement here: Transition to private repositories for CDH, HDP and HDF

The credentials to access this private repository are not generally the same ones you would use to access Cloudera's website or the Cloudera community. Instead, people with a valid Cloudera subscription can generate repository credentials from a CDH license key. See Obtain Credentials

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Explorer

I don't think not having a valid and active cloudera souscription.

I have only create an account on the cloudera site.

I currently use cloudera express

Where should I go to create a correct subscription ?

well, as I said above, the credentials necessary to access Cloudera's private repository are not generally the same as those used to access Cloudera's website. You will not be able to access Cloudera's private repository without a Cloudera subscription.

You can initiate the process for obtaining a Cloudera subscription by contacting the Cloudera Sales Team to find out more about subscription options, but before doing so you should understand that Cloudera Express was discontinued over a year ago now; please see the announcement here: Cloudera Enterprise 6.3.3 Released

…scroll down to the subsection Important Note About Cloudera Express.

This means that you are not going to be able to obtain a subscription in order to continue to use Cloudera Express. 

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.