Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Download Cloudera Quickstarts

New Contributor

Access Is Restricted

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @JoseCosio 

You didn't say where you were attempting to download the Cloudera Quickstart from or what site was denying your access, or what version you were attempting to access. May I ask why you were attempting to download a Cloudera Quickstart? Is this a classroom assignment?

As a general matter, Cloudera is no longer updating or making the Cloudera Quickstart VM available for download (and hasn't since March of 2020) because it was outdated and obsolete as it was based on CDH 5.13, which went out of support in the Fall of 2020.

I'm curious as to why anyone would ask you to download a Cloudera Quickstart VM at this point in time, or why you are interested in a data platform distribution which does not include the up-to-date releases of the various Hadoop ecosystem components. Cloudera's current distribution, since the Fall of 2020, is Cloudera Data Platform (or CDP); a Trial Version of CDP Private Cloud Base Edition of Cloudera Data Platform can easily be downloaded and installed from the "downloads" section of Cloudera's website.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

New Contributor

For academic research

New Contributor

Where can I get a copy?  I am following this documentation: http://vmwareinsight.com/Articles/2020/6/5803025/How-to-install-Cloudera-On-VirtualBox-In-Windows