Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Enable Kerberos: ERROR while checking admin/admin principal

Guru

Hi,

I am facing an error while running enable Kerberos wizard. Installation of Kerberos client is done, but the command for "Test Kerberos client" is failing.

In Ambari-Log I detected that the following command is failing (I executed it directly in shell to see what happens):

$ sudo /usr/bin/kadmin -s b0d095j2.<domain> -p admin/admin@<realm> -w <pw> -r <realm> -q "get_principal admin/admin@<realm>"
Authenticating as principal admin/admin@<realm> with password.
kadmin: Communication failure with server while initializing kadmin interface

?!?! What is going there ?!?!

MIT KerberosKDC is running:

$ sudo /etc/init.d/krb5kdc status
krb5kdc (pid  102972) is running...

$ sudo netstat -pant | grep 102972
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:88                  0.0.0.0:*                   LISTEN      102972/krb5kdc

In krb5.log there is one line for the above kadmin command =>

Jan 24 20:53:30 b0d095j2 krb5kdc[102972](info): AS_REQ (4 etypes {18 17 16 23}) 10.41.27.13: ISSUE: authtime 1453665210, etypes {rep=18 tkt=18 ses=18}, admin/admin@<realm> for kadmin/b0d095j2.<domain>@<realm>

Any hint highly appreciated...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Communication failure with server while initializing kadmin interface

Cause:

The host that was specified for the admin server, also called the master KDC, did not have the kadmind daemon running.

Solution:

Make sure that you specified the correct host name for the master KDC. If you specified the correct host name, make sure that kadmind is running on the master KDC that you specified. From

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19253-01/816-4557/trouble-6/index.html

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Communication failure with server while initializing kadmin interface

Cause:

The host that was specified for the admin server, also called the master KDC, did not have the kadmind daemon running.

Solution:

Make sure that you specified the correct host name for the master KDC. If you specified the correct host name, make sure that kadmind is running on the master KDC that you specified. From

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19253-01/816-4557/trouble-6/index.html

Guru

Hi @Ancil McBarnett ,

thank you so much!

....stupid me 😉