Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

End of File Exception between local host is: "02.app.test.foo.net/172.16.13.50"; destination host is: "06.app.test.foo.net":41450; : java.io.EOFException; For more details see: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/EOFException

Contributor

I submitted the pig script by passing parameters and I got below end of file exception in tez. What can be solution of it?

pig -param "DATE=$DATE" -param "LOCATION=$LOCATION" -param "TABLE_LOCATION=$TABLE_LOCATION" -x tez -useHCatalog -f /lake/T/S/r11.pig

[PigTezLauncher-0] ERROR org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.tez.TezJob - Cannot submit DAG - Application id: application_1472313221699_4775

End of File Exception between local host is: "hostlaenapp02.app.test.foocorp.net/172.16.13.75"; destination host is: "hostldnapp06.app.test.foocorp.net":41450; : java.io.EOFException; For more details see: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/EOFException

4 REPLIES 4

New Contributor

Encountering the exact issue. Did you find a solution/explanation for this? @Ashish Vishnoi

Have you found a solution for this? Seeing the exact issue.

The original post was edited Tue Jan 29 15:26:21 UTC 2019 to remove some sensitive information.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

New Contributor

I encountered the same problem. For my case , the problem was the long length of ipc message. 

I added the following to core-site and got fixed.

<property>
<name>ipc.maximum.data.length</name>
<value>134217728</value>
</property>

You also might double check name-node and data-node heap size.

Community Manager

Hi @Reza77, as this is an older post, you would have a better chance of receiving a resolution by starting a new thread. This will also be an opportunity to provide details specific to your environment that could aid others in assisting you with a more accurate answer to your question. You can link this thread as a reference in your new post.

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: