Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Error Ingesting Snort data into Metron

Contributor

Have setup an instance of Metron in a single instance VM, bro and yaf data is flowing through into elastic search indexes, however there seems to be an error with flume starting up to ingest the snort logs.

I am getting the below error in the flume logs, however I cannot see a reference to a /snort folder in the flume-snort.conf file.

13 Oct 2016 14:06:33,238 ERROR [main] (org.apache.flume.node.Application.main:307)  - A fatal error occurred while running. Exception follows.
org.apache.commons.cli.ParseException: The specified configuration file does not exist: /snort

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

In case anyone has the same issue I resolved by manually starting flume via shell access to the node;

/usr/hdp/current/flume-server/bin/flume-ng agent -n snort -c /usr/hdp/current/flume-server/conf -f /usr/hdp/current/flume-server/conf/flume-snort.conf

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Contributor

In case anyone has the same issue I resolved by manually starting flume via shell access to the node;

/usr/hdp/current/flume-server/bin/flume-ng agent -n snort -c /usr/hdp/current/flume-server/conf -f /usr/hdp/current/flume-server/conf/flume-snort.conf