Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Error in Hive - Tez

Rising Star

Hi all,

I am getting this error in Hive

info=[Error: Failure while running task:java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: tez.runtime.io.sort.mb 2027 should be larger than 0 and should be lessthan the available task memory (MB):538

Vertex did not succeed due to OWN_TASK_FAILURE, failedTasks:1 killedTasks:12, Vertex vertex_1496756949291_0733_1_00 [Map 1] killed/failed due to:OWN_TASK_FAILURE]Verte killed, vertexName=Reducer 2, vertexId=vertex_1496756949291_0733_1_01, diagnostics=[Vertex received Kill while in RUNNING state., Vertex did not succeed due to OTHER_VERTX_FAILURE, failedTasks:0 killedTasks:101, Vertex vertex_1496756949291_0733_1_01 [Reducer 2] killed/failed due to:OTHER_VERTEX_FAILURE]DAG did not succeed due to VERTEX_FAIURE. failedVertices:1 killedVertices:1

I am getting the error by using this "select ordernum, count(*) from status group by ordernum having count(*) > 1;"

I've set tez.runtime.io.sort.mb = 2027 to tez.runtime.io.sort.mb = 409 but I still getting the same error tez.runtime.io.sort.mb 2027

Please help.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

If the query is run over hive cli it should have worked. In case it is beeline or other clients accessing hiveserver you have to restart the server for property to get updated. If the cluster is managed via ambari it will be optimal to update it there since ambari will list the services that need a restart

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rising Star

If the query is run over hive cli it should have worked. In case it is beeline or other clients accessing hiveserver you have to restart the server for property to get updated. If the cluster is managed via ambari it will be optimal to update it there since ambari will list the services that need a restart

Rising Star

I restarted the cluster and it worked. Thanks

Rising Star

Thats nice!! Appreciate if you could accept the answer.