Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Error in accessing command line interface from hortonworks cluster

Rising Star

I am trying ti access the command line interface from server where I have hortonworks install but I am getting below error.Can I not access the command line?

[root@ip-xxx-xx-xx ec2-user]# hive WARNING: Use "yarn jar" to launch YARN applications. Logging initialized using configuration in file:/etc/hive/2.3.4.0-3485/0/hive-log4j.properties Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied: user=root, access=WRITE, inode="/user/root":hdfs:hdfs:drwxr-xr-x

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru
@Amit Sharma

The user you are trying to access the directory with is root and it does not have permission. Either provide root access to /user/root/ or change to user hdfs via su - hdfs. Current /user/root/ is owned by hdfs according to your log.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Mentor
sudo -u hdfs hdfs dfs -mkdir /user/root
sudo -u hdfs hdfs dfs -chown -R root:hdfs /user/root

@Artem Ervits I was facing the same issue. This solution worked for me. Thank you!

Master Guru
@Amit Sharma

The user you are trying to access the directory with is root and it does not have permission. Either provide root access to /user/root/ or change to user hdfs via su - hdfs. Current /user/root/ is owned by hdfs according to your log.