Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Error with zookeeper in cloudera 5.11 installation

Solved Go to solution

Error with zookeeper in cloudera 5.11 installation

New Contributor

I am installing the cloudera 5.11 in centos and I had an error with zookeeper. The error is the following:

2017-05-21 15:44:59,355 ERROR org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServerMain: Unable to access datadir, exiting abnormally
org.apache.zookeeper.server.persistence.FileTxnSnapLog$DatadirException: Missing data directory /var/lib/zookeeper/version-2, automatic data directory creation is disabled (zookeeper.datadir.autocreate is false). Please create this directory manually.
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.persistence.FileTxnSnapLog.<init>(FileTxnSnapLog.java:102)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServerMain.runFromConfig(ZooKeeperServerMain.java:109)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServerMain.initializeAndRun(ZooKeeperServerMain.java:91)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServerMain.main(ZooKeeperServerMain.java:53)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain.initializeAndRun(QuorumPeerMain.java:121)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain.main(QuorumPeerMain.java:79)

The complete log is in the next pastebin link:

https://pastebin.com/4JbiGFR2

anyone had the same problem?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Error with zookeeper in cloudera 5.11 installation

New Contributor

What is the permission of the created directory?

Is SELinux disabled in your system?

4 REPLIES 4

New Contributor

Why don't you create /var/lib/zookeeper/version-2 mannualy or zookeeper.datadir.autocreate to true and try.

New Contributor
I create /var/lib/zookeeper/version-2 manually but till I have the same
problem.

New Contributor

What is the permission of the created directory?

Is SELinux disabled in your system?

Highlighted

New Contributor

Thanks, I forgot disable SELinux.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here