Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Errors when Enable Auto-TLS (CDP private cloud base 7.1.6)

New Contributor

Hi, 

Has anyone come across such a problem when enabling Auto-TLS?

Thanks appreciate your comments

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to run CMCA command, return code: 2
	at com.cloudera.cmf.command.CertmanagerRunner.runCmcaCommand(CertmanagerRunner.java:55)
	at com.cloudera.cmf.command.GenerateCmcaCmdWork.runSetupCmcaCommand(GenerateCmcaCmdWork.java:65)
	at com.cloudera.cmf.command.GenerateCmcaCmdWork.doWork(GenerateCmcaCmdWork.java:202)
	at com.cloudera.cmf.command.flow.CmdStep.doWork(CmdStep.java:178)
	at com.cloudera.cmf.command.flow.SeqCmdWork.doWork(SeqCmdWork.java:107)
	at com.cloudera.cmf.command.flow.CmdStep.doWork(CmdStep.java:178)
	at com.cloudera.cmf.command.flow.SeqFlowCmd.run(SeqFlowCmd.java:117)
	at com.cloudera.cmf.command.CmdWorkCommand.execute(CmdWorkCommand.java:107)
	at com.cloudera.cmf.service.ServiceHandlerRegistry.executeGlobalCommandHelper(ServiceHandlerRegistry.java:865)
	at com.cloudera.cmf.service.ServiceHandlerRegistry.executeGlobalCommand(ServiceHandlerRegistry.java:833)
	at com.cloudera.server.cmf.components.OperationsManagerImpl$4.get(OperationsManagerImpl.java:1969)
	at com.cloudera.server.cmf.components.OperationsManagerImpl$4.get(OperationsManagerImpl.java:1966)
	at com.cloudera.server.web.cmf.AuthScopeContext.privilegedMode(AuthScopeContext.java:198)
	at com.cloudera.server.cmf.components.OperationsManagerImpl.executeCmd(OperationsManagerImpl.java:3198)
	at com.cloudera.server.cmf.components.OperationsManagerImpl.executeGlobalCmd(OperationsManagerImpl.java:1966)

Ismail27_0-1636710563377.png

5 REPLIES 5

Master Guru

@Ismail27 The user you are specifying "admin", does this have root access on CM host? I believe you are providing the Cloudera Manager UI user but here you need SSH user i.e root which have same root privileges on host to run CMCA commands then only it can work. 

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

New Contributor

I have same issue with Cloudera 7.4.4 installation. I try with server users, like root, and other users with the same result. I try SSH connection with these users, and i haven't problems.

have any solution for this error?

I have the same error while using root user.

Community Manager

@Loaimohamed79 Welcome to the Cloudera Community!
As this is an older post, you would have a better chance of receiving a resolution by starting a new thread. This will also be an opportunity to provide details specific to your environment that could aid others in assisting you with a more accurate answer to your question. You can link this thread as a reference in your new post. Thanks.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: