Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

ExecuteSQL - UnresolvedUnionException

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

ExecuteSQL - UnresolvedUnionException

Hi,

I am getting below Exception while using ExecuteSQL processor to get data from mysql, looks like auto increment field is creating issue. anyone faced this issue or am I missing something?

11:46:44 ESTERRORe7cc632a-4d8f-4362-b5e0-68faefd01c23
ExecuteSQL[id=e7cc632a-4d8f-4362-b5e0-68faefd01c23] ExecuteSQL[id=e7cc632a-4d8f-4362-b5e0-68faefd01c23] failed to process session due to org.apache.avro.file.DataFileWriter$AppendWriteException: org.apache.avro.UnresolvedUnionException: Not in union ["null","int"]: 1: org.apache.avro.file.DataFileWriter$AppendWriteException: org.apache.avro.UnresolvedUnionException: Not in union ["null","int"]: 1
11:46:44 ESTWARNINGe7cc632a-4d8f-4362-b5e0-68faefd01c23
ExecuteSQL[id=e7cc632a-4d8f-4362-b5e0-68faefd01c23] Processor Administratively Yielded for 1 sec due to processing failure

It used to work in 0.3.x version, when tested in 0.4.0 I am getting above error.

Select * from SALARIES; --> gives error

SELECT ID from SALARIES; --> gives error

Select GENDER,AGE,SALARY,ZIPCODE from SALARIES; --> works fine

982-screen-shot-2015-12-21-at-85706-am.png

Thanks In Advance,

Jobin George

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: ExecuteSQL - UnresolvedUnionException

Hi @Jobin George ,

I was trying to recreate this error... I have NiFi 0.4.0, MySQL 5.6.26, mysql-connector-java-5.1.38-bin.jar.

Created the same table as you and inserted three rows:

CREATE TABLE SALARIES ( ID int NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, ZIPCODE int, SALARY double, AGE int, GENDER varchar(255), PRIMARY KEY (ID) );

INSERT INTO SALARIES (ZIPCODE, SALARY, AGE, GENDER) VALUES (12345, 100, 30, 'MALE');

INSERT INTO SALARIES (ZIPCODE, SALARY, AGE, GENDER) VALUES (12345, 200, 31, 'MALE');

INSERT INTO SALARIES (SALARY, AGE, GENDER) VALUES (10, 20, 'MALE');

In NiFi I have ExecuteSQL with "select * from salaries;" -> ConvertAvroToJson -> LogAttribute and I see this in the logs:

[{"ID": 1, "ZIPCODE": 12345, "SALARY": 100.0, "AGE": 30, "GENDER": "MALE"},{"ID": 2, "ZIPCODE": 12345, "SALARY": 200.0, "AGE": 31, "GENDER": "MALE"},{"ID": 3, "ZIPCODE": null, "SALARY": 10.0, "AGE": 20, "GENDER": "MALE"}]

If I change the query to "select id from salaries;" I see:

[{"ID": 1},{"ID": 2},{"ID": 3}]

Is there anything that jumps out at you as being different between your setup and mine? different versions of mysql? something specific in your data?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Hi @Jobin George ,

I was trying to recreate this error... I have NiFi 0.4.0, MySQL 5.6.26, mysql-connector-java-5.1.38-bin.jar.

Created the same table as you and inserted three rows:

CREATE TABLE SALARIES ( ID int NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, ZIPCODE int, SALARY double, AGE int, GENDER varchar(255), PRIMARY KEY (ID) );

INSERT INTO SALARIES (ZIPCODE, SALARY, AGE, GENDER) VALUES (12345, 100, 30, 'MALE');

INSERT INTO SALARIES (ZIPCODE, SALARY, AGE, GENDER) VALUES (12345, 200, 31, 'MALE');

INSERT INTO SALARIES (SALARY, AGE, GENDER) VALUES (10, 20, 'MALE');

In NiFi I have ExecuteSQL with "select * from salaries;" -> ConvertAvroToJson -> LogAttribute and I see this in the logs:

[{"ID": 1, "ZIPCODE": 12345, "SALARY": 100.0, "AGE": 30, "GENDER": "MALE"},{"ID": 2, "ZIPCODE": 12345, "SALARY": 200.0, "AGE": 31, "GENDER": "MALE"},{"ID": 3, "ZIPCODE": null, "SALARY": 10.0, "AGE": 20, "GENDER": "MALE"}]

If I change the query to "select id from salaries;" I see:

[{"ID": 1},{"ID": 2},{"ID": 3}]

Is there anything that jumps out at you as being different between your setup and mine? different versions of mysql? something specific in your data?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi @bbende,

Below are the DDLs i used, Not sure if that could be an issue. I had the same setup for HDF lab i created to push data from mysql to phoenix in 0.3.0 which works perfectly.

create table SALARIES (GENDER varchar(1), AGE int, SALARY double, ZIPCODE int);
load data infile '/tmp/salaries.txt' into table SALARIES fields terminated by ','; 
alter table SALARIES add column `ID` int(10) unsigned primary KEY AUTO_INCREMENT;

Also, Mysql version i have is: MySQL 5.1.73 [these 2 are the differences i can think of]

Thanks,

Jobin

Highlighted

Ok thanks, with your DDL I can recreate. Looking into it now...

Highlighted

This turns out to be specific to using "unsigned int" which is essentially a Long, but we are generating an Avro schema that expects an "int". Some changes in 0.4.0 that fixed other issues with ExecuteSQL appear to have introduced this. I captured the issue with this JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-1319

Highlighted

Thanks Bryan. For now I will recreate the table with out 'unsigned' for labs we have.

Thanks,

Jobin George

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here