Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Executing multiple blocks in sequence

New Contributor

Hi,

I have been trying to run a set of multiple blocks of SQL code in Hue Hive Hadoop, only to find my blocks of code being either executed in a non-sequenced order, random order, or only a subsection of the queries.

Example:

--Block 1:

create table table_1

<...>;

--Block2:

create table table_2

<...>;

etc. 

The latest run I ran had six blocks, creating 6 tables. Selecting all code, and executing it, resulted in tables 1 and 3 to be created, no errors. 

In some other instances, my code has been aborted mid execution due various errors. 

My topic for discussion is thus: how do I ensure hue hive editor to execute blocks of code in both sequence, and without skipping some blocks? 

1 REPLY 1

Contributor

Hello,

About your question : how do I ensure hue hive editor to execute blocks of code in both sequence, and without skipping some blocks?

Unknown why its failing from the last data provided... however you may need check more data about this:
* Check the runcpserver logs in HUE server during the query execution. If nothing is found, enable DEBUG mode in HUE/restart and rerun the query .
* Check the Hiveserver logs during the query execution.
* What various errors were observed ? provide screenshots / data logs during the query execution .