Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Experts, We are using LDAP/AD for user authentication. How do we remove users and group entries from Ambari and Ranger user db. We are using HDP 2.4.2 version.

Rising Star

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@hitaay

This response is to your Ambari user related question. As I understand it, this is one time fix. Otherwise, you need to fix the LDAP->Ambari user sync to filter-out unwanted users.

To address your punctual question only, login to Ambari UI as admin or user with Admin privileges. In the right corner button click on Admin (or whatever administrative user you logged-in) and then "Manage Ambari", then click on the "User" link on the "Users + Group Management". Click on desired user and then "Delete User". You could also issue a command:

curl --insecure -u admin:$PASSWORD -H 'X-Requested-By: ambari' -X DELETE http://$AMBARI_HOST:8080/api/v1/users/hitaay

If any response helped, please vote or accept best answer.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Guru

Go to ranger admin page.

Click on settings.

Select Users

select user to delete.

Hit the red delete button

You should know the next time sync is ran the user will show up in list. If you want to remove user permanantly I recommend you remove user from the OU group in AD/LDAP.

8924-aaa.jpg

Rising Star

@Sunile Manjee Many thanks for your response. It's clear for Ranger user DB now.

How do we removed it form Ambari user/Grp DB?

I understand that best way is to remove it form AD OU and then sync it through to Ambari-Ranger.

However, I wanted to remove the entries from HDP side (ie. Ambari & Ranger) only.

cheers!

Super Guru

@hitaay

This response is to your Ambari user related question. As I understand it, this is one time fix. Otherwise, you need to fix the LDAP->Ambari user sync to filter-out unwanted users.

To address your punctual question only, login to Ambari UI as admin or user with Admin privileges. In the right corner button click on Admin (or whatever administrative user you logged-in) and then "Manage Ambari", then click on the "User" link on the "Users + Group Management". Click on desired user and then "Delete User". You could also issue a command:

curl --insecure -u admin:$PASSWORD -H 'X-Requested-By: ambari' -X DELETE http://$AMBARI_HOST:8080/api/v1/users/hitaay

If any response helped, please vote or accept best answer.

Rising Star

@Constantin Stanca thanks for your response. Yes, this is for one time fix only.

Cheers