Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Extract Header from a Table in Oracle Database and Execute a 'Create Table' In PostgreSQL Using NiFi

New Contributor

Hello Community, This Is my first post with you 

my problem is i want extract the header of a table from oracle database and based on the header i want to execute a create statement to store the header into postgresql  and all that using NIFI

is there any solution for this?

Thank you 

2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Cloudera Community, @SAYB !

I have been using both Oracle and PostgreSQL DBMS's heavily for quite some time, and it's not clear, to me at least, what you mean when you write you want to "extract the header of a table from oracle database". For the same reason, it's not clear what "execute a create statement to store the header into postgresql" means.

Let's assume that by "the header of a table", you mean the output of Oracle's Describe command, which provides the user with a display indicating the structure of the specified table, including the column names and the data type for each column. If that assumption is correct, perhaps you mean that you'd like to use NiFi to obtain the structure of a table in Oracle, and have it CREATE a similar table in postgresql, by translating in some automated fashion between the datatypes available on that specific source Oracle database and the data types available in the target PostgreSQL database.

That is typically something that you'd do only once per schema pair. Does your task involve many database tables, and are you going to have to do this task over and over again?

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

New Contributor

Thank you @ask_bill_brooks for your fast reply.

Yes that exactly what i want to do and it is like a repetitive task which mean that my task involves many database tables and it will be repetitive.

Is there any solution in mind @ask_bill_brooks?

Thank you for your time.