Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Extract whole json flowfilecontent(small) to single attribute

Contributor

Hi All, 

I have nifi flow fthat fetches one json file and using the extractText processor, i want to store entire flowfile content(assume small json file) into one flowfile attribute. But (.*) is not extracting whole json and instead extracting only { . Please help with Java regular expression to extract full json afnd also share if any Java regular expression documentation which i can refer for Nifi extracttext processor.

Nififlows.PNGExtractText.PNGupdateattribute.PNG

I having json file which contains format like 

{

"filename1":"insert into filename1",

"filename2":"insert into filename2",

"filename3":"insert into filename3"

}

I will retrieve the filenames in generic way/dynamic using JsonPath(${filename})  in updateattribute .

Please assist to extract whole json content into one flow file attribute .

Thanks

@Nifi@NifiDev

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Hello,

you could use following regex

[^^]+

with that you should get the whole content.

Please take a look at the property "Maximum Capture Group Length" at the ExtractText Processor, that its not too short. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Expert Contributor

Hello,

you could use following regex

[^^]+

with that you should get the whole content.

Please take a look at the property "Maximum Capture Group Length" at the ExtractText Processor, that its not too short. 

Contributor

Hi 

Thanks for helping . I am able to get entire content into attribute .

I have one doubt that i have attribute name called "JSONValue" so that extracted value should be in this name but the flowfile content saves into the attribute  "JSONValue.0 "  as supposed to create value in JSONValue attribute . Please see screen-print for the same . I had to enable "Include Capture Group 0" as True otherwise the Regex not accepting and expecting value 0 to40 other than false.

JSONAttribute.PNG