Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

FAILED SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:8080: java.net.BindException: Address already in use java.net.BindException:

Expert Contributor

Hi, i installed the ambari-server on the sandbox and am getting the above error when trying to add a node. I gave the sandbox a static ip address. The following command " netstat -nap | grep 8080" gives this output

tcp6       0      0 :::8080                 :::*                    LISTEN      3180/docker-proxy
tcp6       0      0 :::18080                :::*                    LISTEN      2959/docker-proxy

Even when i change the static ip i get the same error. I can ssh into the node no problem.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Hi @jss i solved it by editing /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties and changng the port number. it worked, thank you for your time, it helped alot

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Super Guru
@Roger Young

Can you please let me know the step by step process you trying to add a node to the existing ambari-server ?

Expert Contributor

Hi, i followed this tutorial

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.1.2.0/bk_Installing_HDP_AMB/content/ch_Getting_Rea...

on top of the sandbox, maybe thats the problem

I didnt follow step 5, the local repositories.

I have given the sandbox and the node static ip addresses and they can access each other and the internet no problem, both are vms

I can ssh without password to the host i want to add and i am using Centos7.

In your output i see that the port 8080 is being consumed by PID "3180" , Is that your Ambari Server PID ? Or can you please check which process is that which is consuming the port 8080 (which is default ambari port).

Just for testing can you please try try the following steps to isolate the issue:

1. Stop ambari-server

ambari-server stop

2. Check if the port 8080 is being consumed

netstat -tnlpa | grep 8080

3. If the port 8080 is still being consumed then we will need to find that process and need to make sure that it runs on some other port.

4. If port 8080 is not being used then we can try starting ambari-server and tail to ambari-server.log to see if we still get the mentioned error or not?

ambari-server start

Expert Contributor

Hi, thanks for the reply. I stopped the server, closed my browsers and ran that command and got the following output

[root@sandbox ~]# netstat -tnlpa | grep 8080
tcp6       0      0 :::8080                 :::*                    LISTEN      3124/docker-proxy
tcp6       0      0 :::18080                :::*                    LISTEN      2916/docker-proxy

Expert Contributor

looks like ipv6? I will disable ipv6 and reboot, might help

Expert Contributor

it didnt help 😞

Expert Contributor

Hi @jss i solved it by editing /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties and changng the port number. it worked, thank you for your time, it helped alot