Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Failed to detect Cloudera Manager Server.

Hi! Sorry for my English, i am from Rusiia and i am newbie on Cloudera. I have two VMs with installed cloudera quickstart VM, and i want to add second VM to cluster, but i have error on step when "Detecting Cloudera Manager Server". 
cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.12.0-0-virtualbox [Работает] - Oracle VM VirtualBox.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Expert Contributor

Many reasosns:
  - Have you installed CMS on any host?

- Host with Manager Server is available?, Enought disk space?

Regards.

Manu.

1. CMS not preinstalled in Quickstart Cloudera image?
2. How to check available Manager Server? I think i have enough disk space.

P.S. Sorry for this stupid questions.

Expert Contributor

Hi,

1. It is not preinstalled, you need to install for example using Cloudera Manager

2. in tab Host or with Cloudera Manager you can view the nodes status.

At first it is not easy, ask if you need it

Regards.

Manu.

1. I am installing CMS.
2. cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.12.0-0-virtualbox [Работает] - Oracle VM VirtualBox.jpg

But i have the same error((

Master Guru

@DanilaVanilla,

Based on the message, you are attempting to add a new host to the cluster by using the Add New Hosts to Cluster wizard.

When doing so, one of the steps is to see if the new host can resolve and communicate with the Cloudera Manager host.

This is failing in some way.

You can ssh to that host and look for the scm_prepare_node.log file in /tmp/scm_prepare_node directory to get more information about the failure.

Likely, there is a problem resolving your Cloudera Manager hostname from the new host.  You might check that and make sure you can also connect to CM.

You can use the same command that the prepare script uses to test your connection:

python -c 'import socket; import sys; s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET); s.settimeout(5.0); s.connect((sys.argv[1], int(sys.argv[2]))); s.close();' <FQDN of your CM host> 7182

If there are no errors when running that command, you should be able to get by this issue.

-Ben

cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.12.0-0-virtualbox [Работает] - Oracle VM VirtualBox.jpg