Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Hortonworks Sandbox HDP 2.6.5 1

New Contributor

Hey, I am getting this error. Please, somebody, help me out. Below are more details of the error.

I am using HP Laptop, Windows 10 with 8 GB RAM

Call to VidMessageSlotMap failed:

Last=0xc000000d/87 (VERR_NEM_VM_CREATE_FAILED)

Result Code:   E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component : ConsoleWrap
Interface:      IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

10 REPLIES 10

Master Mentor

@anki63 

Could you try this solution? 

Go to the folder "C:\Users\COMPUTER_NAME\.VirtualBox\Machines\VM_NAME\" and if you see two xml files with different suffixes.
1. VM_NAME.xml-prev
2. VM_NAME.xml-tmp
So it simply means the Sandbox couldn't find "VM_NAME.xml" because it didn't exist.
Make a copy of the "VM_NAME.xml-prev" file and renamed the copy to "VM_NAME.xml"

Restarted VirtualBox and it worked just fine.

Master Mentor

@anki63 

Can you share the updates on this thread?

New Contributor

Hey @Shelton  , I am sorry, I couldn't reply earlier.

The issue got solved by reinstalling the virtual box

Explorer

Hadoop Sandbox_Error.png

Hi @Shelton  I am getting this type of error while launching the sandbox in virtualbox

Kindly help me out

Master Mentor

@harry_12 
Sounds familiar is the first time running VB  is virtualization enabled on the host? Or have you simply tried re-installing it?
If you are the type who loves to deep dive here is good documentation on  Result Code E Fail 0x80004005 
I am sure that should help out 

Explorer

Hi @Shelton Its not my first time running VB, I had previously ran many OS on VB. But this is the first time running a sandbox in my VB.I have downloaded Hadoop Sandbox 2 time and 2 times I had encountered this error.

Explorer

I have gone through the provided documentation and implemented all the processes and still i am getting this error

Master Mentor

@harry_12 
Can you share the configs ie Memory /Cores  allocated to your Sandbox and share the link  for the download I will test that  and document my process

Explorer

Memory: 4481 MB

Processors:6