Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Falcon retention period

Master Guru

I tried to set falcon retention period on a feed. Expecting it to delete old folders after the specified time period. ( In this case 7 days ). However this does not happen. Anybody knows how to debug that? Where would he write any log information to this? In the oozie falcon action surrounding the workflow or in the falcon server logs?

Or is there anything else I need to do? The process is happening every 15 minutes so he shouldn't have to schedule cleanup tasks.

<clusters>
        <cluster name="xxx" type="source">
            <validity start="2016-01-14T12:45Z" end="2033-01-13T20:00Z"/>
            <retention limit="days(7)" action="delete"/>
        </cluster>
    </clusters>
    <locations>
        <location type="data" path="/xxx/${YEAR}/${MONTH}/${DAY}/${HOUR}/${MINUTE}"/>
    </locations>
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

Do you have the feed scheduled? The feed needs to be scheduled for retention to work.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rising Star

Do you have the feed scheduled? The feed needs to be scheduled for retention to work.

Master Guru

aaah I didn't know that I only scheduled the process using the feeds. Let me try that

Master Guru

Still didn't work I get now some kerberos errors when trying to schedule the feed but at least I know wht the retention does not work. Thanks.

Master Guru

And a falcon restart fixed that. The retention cleanup now works. Thanks a lot

@Benjamin Leonhardi: Can you make sure retention coordinator is generated for the feed scheduled? Debug logs will go to falcon.applicaiton.log.