Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

File filter in Nifi UnpackContent

Explorer

I have a tar file with .csv, .xml, and .txt files that I want to unpack using the UnpackContent processor.   Can I specify all three file types in the file filter?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Mentor

@Vickey 

The file filter property of the unpackContent processor takes a java regular expression and can be used when unpacking tar or zip file.

In your unpackContent processor, set the "Packaging format" to either "ZIP" or "TAR" based on what package format is used by your source file.
The set a java regular expression such as below to extract only files within that package where the filename ends with the .csv, .txt, or .xml extensions:

.*\.(txt|xml|csv)

Hope this helps,

Matt

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Mentor

@Vickey 

The file filter property of the unpackContent processor takes a java regular expression and can be used when unpacking tar or zip file.

In your unpackContent processor, set the "Packaging format" to either "ZIP" or "TAR" based on what package format is used by your source file.
The set a java regular expression such as below to extract only files within that package where the filename ends with the .csv, .txt, or .xml extensions:

.*\.(txt|xml|csv)

Hope this helps,

Matt

Explorer
Thank you Matt! This is exactly what I needed.