Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Flume 1.6 in HDP?

Rising Star
Any word on when Flume 1.6 is likely be rolled into HDP?

I haven't switched to 2.5.0 yet, but was disappointed to see the release notes indicate flume 1.5.2 is still the latest in HDP 2.5 even tho flume 1.6 has been out for over a year....
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Feature updates that were added to Flume 1.5.2 with HDP releases are now listed in the introduction to the Flume documentation. See http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.5.0/bk_flume-component-guide/content/flume_featu... for the list of major added features.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Master Mentor

What features are you looking for in Flume 1.6? We backported a few things from 1.6 into 1.5.2 like Kafka channel and some security enhancements, these will appear in 2.5 even though Flume version does not change from HDP 2.4.

Expert Contributor

Feature updates that were added to Flume 1.5.2 with HDP releases are now listed in the introduction to the Flume documentation. See http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.5.0/bk_flume-component-guide/content/flume_featu... for the list of major added features.

Rising Star

Looks like the features I was after have been back-ported. It gets confusing when the primary documentation hortonworks points users to is the Apache docs, which states these features are in 1.6...

I don't understand why hwx seems to be avoiding 1.6.

Expert Contributor

@Vincent Romeo, I can't answer your question about why 1.5.2 vs 1.6, but tech docs will continue to track any backported functionality in the new 1.5.2 "cover" document.

As I encounter pointers in Hortonworks info that link to the Apache 1.6 documentation, I'm trying to replace them with pointers to the 1.5.2 documentation, to reduce confusion. If you are aware of any links in Hortonworks content (website, documentation, tutorials, etc.) that should redirect to 1.5.2, I'd appreciate knowing about them if you'd care to share. Thanks!

Expert Contributor

hi, is hive streaming support present in flume 1.5.2?

Master Mentor

New Contributor

I am also curious about when flume 1.6 (or later) will be included in HDP. Specifically looking for Kerberos support for ThriftSource. Thanks!