Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Flume: Agent - Role is missing Kerberos keytab

Contributor

Dear Friends

I have started using Flume and have added its service using CM. Then, added the two lines below in the Flume Configuration file: 

tier1.sinks.sink1.hdfs.kerberosPrincipal = $KERBEROS_PRINCIPAL 
tier1.sinks.sink1.hdfs.kerberosKeytab = $KERBEROS_KEYTAB 

But Flume service did not start rather generated the following configuration error: 
Agent(<our_name_node_name>):Role is missing Kerberos keytab. 

Would you please help?

P.S. I have previously enabled Kerberos in CM (by following the link belew) before adding the Flume service. I can see all services principals (for all of our hosts) in CM EXCEPT Flume one on Administration > Kerberos >Credentials tab.

http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2014/07/new-in-cloudera-manager-5-1-direct-active-directory-integratio...

Thanks much in advance and please let me know if you have any question.

Kind regards 
Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Andy,

On the Kerberos Credentials tab that you already discussed, click the Generate Credentials button. Flume should then get its keytab.

Thanks,
Darren

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Andy,

On the Kerberos Credentials tab that you already discussed, click the Generate Credentials button. Flume should then get its keytab.

Thanks,
Darren

Contributor

This is exactly what we did and it fixed the problem. Thanks much Darren.

FYI: Before that step, we had to temporarily re-enable the user which is capable to create the credentials. We have decided earlier to disable that user to improve security and that was the main source of the issue.

Appreciate your support. 

Kind regards

Andy

Contributor

Where is this Kerberos Credentials tab in 5.14.3?  I have a message that says to click the same "Generate Credentials" button but can't find it.

Edit:

Found it under Administration > Security > Kerberos Credentials