Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

For Kerberos enable HDP Cluster does all the UID in /etc/passwd should be > 1000? . How instal hpd with Ambari will address this UID

Contributor

Hi ,

When we are installing hpd using Ambari Blue Print, how can we make sure all service a/c get created with UID > 1000? .

I see below error in Hive beeline Kerberos enable hdp

Requested user hive is not whitelisted and has id 500,which is below the minimum allowed 1000

Thanks

JJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login
4 REPLIES 4

Contributor

I cannot get your question.

Why do you think you need to update the group file?

Contributor

Hi @Jacqualin jasmin - Ambari generally takes care of this during installation. I just looked at a lab environment that was Ambari installed, and see the group numbers are all < 1000. I've worked with many customers, and never seen a case where this needed to be changed. As a result, I don't think you need to change this.

Contributor

Hi Eddie,

Sorry about the misleading. I mean uid in /etc/passwd file. Does all the service a/c should have uid > 1000.

After enabling Kerberos, i see the error message as below

user hive is not whitelisted and has id 500,which is below the minimum allowed 1000

Does Ambari does not take care of this , when we mention min.user.id=1000 in the file : /etc/hadoop/conf/container-executor.cfg.

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.2.0/bk_ambari_reference_guide/content/_defining_...

: All new service user accounts, and any existing user accounts used as service users, must have a UID >= 1000

Thanks

JJ

Contributor
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login