Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Future support for elastic search?

Expert Contributor

Hi all,

Is there anything in the roadmap to add a processor like PutSolrContentStream, but to send data to ElasticSearch?

Thank you,

D.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

There sure is! I am currently working on NIFI-1275 to implement FetchElasticsearch and PutElasticsearch, the former uses the Get API and the latter uses the Bulk Insert API.

Are there any particular features you're interested in having supported? We are hoping to offer support for secure Elasticsearch instances, but may not be able to provide out-of-the-box support due to licensing/distribution issues.

Querying (aka the Search API) is not currently planned under NIFI-1275 but the InvokeHttp processor can perform the desired query, then once the document IDs are retrieved, FetchElasticsearch can be used to get the documents' contents.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru

There sure is! I am currently working on NIFI-1275 to implement FetchElasticsearch and PutElasticsearch, the former uses the Get API and the latter uses the Bulk Insert API.

Are there any particular features you're interested in having supported? We are hoping to offer support for secure Elasticsearch instances, but may not be able to provide out-of-the-box support due to licensing/distribution issues.

Querying (aka the Search API) is not currently planned under NIFI-1275 but the InvokeHttp processor can perform the desired query, then once the document IDs are retrieved, FetchElasticsearch can be used to get the documents' contents.

Expert Contributor

Hi, Thank you for the info!

No, i'm not looking for a particular feature, i just need to index some flowfiles with elastic, as I do with solr now.

Thank again!