Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Getting 103 error when trying to connect to phoenix from a spring boot project in a kerberized cluster.

Explorer

I am including phoenix, hbase and zookeeper jars in the project. I have placed the configuration xml files (hbase-site.xml, core-site.xml and hdfs-site.xml) in the src directory(also tried src/main/resources) where all the java files are. This worked for me in a simple java project, but i am unable to make it hit the config files in a spring boot project. Can anyone help?

[Request processing failed; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: ERROR 103 (08004): Unable to establish connection.] with root cause java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: io.netty.channel.EventLoopGroup at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381) ~[na:1.8.0_131] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424) ~[na:1.8.0_131] at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:335) ~[na:1.8.0_131] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) ~[na:1.8.0_131] at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_131] at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:348) ~[na:1.8.0_131] at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClassByNameOrNull(Configuration.java:2180) ~[Table-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:0.0.1

public Connection connect() throws SQLException, ClassNotFoundException {
		Class.forName("org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver");
		Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:phoenix:172.22.2.77,172.22.2.79,172.22.2.80:2181:/hbase-secure:rowanadmin@ROWANHADOOP.NET:/home/rowanadmin/rowanadmin.keytab");	
		System.out.println("success");
	return con;
}
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

I got this fixed. Had to add a dependency for netty-all in the pom file.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Explorer

I got this fixed. Had to add a dependency for netty-all in the pom file.