Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Getting error "User session not found 403" when using zeppelin with livy

Rising Star

So we have a kerberized cluster and have integrated ldaps with zeppelin. But when i try to use livy i get the following error

ERROR [2016-12-01 10:00:02,442] ({pool-2-thread-4} LivyHelper.java[createSession]:128) - Error getting session for user java.lang.Exception: Cannot start spark. at org.apache.zeppelin.livy.LivyHelper.createSession(LivyHelper.java:117) at org.apache.zeppelin.livy.LivySparkSQLInterpreter.interpret(LivySparkSQLInterpreter.java:62) at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.LazyOpenInterpreter.interpret(LazyOpenInterpreter.java:94) at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.remote.RemoteInterpreterServer$InterpretJob.jobRun(RemoteInterpreterServer.java:341) at org.apache.zeppelin.scheduler.Job.run(Job.java:176) at org.apache.zeppelin.scheduler.FIFOScheduler$1.run(FIFOScheduler.java:139) at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) ERROR [2016-12-01 10:00:02,442] ({pool-2-thread-4} LivySparkSQLInterpreter.java[interpret]:70) - Exception in LivySparkSQLInterpreter while interpret java.lang.Exception: Cannot start spark.

in zeppelin interpreter logs.

Also when i dont enable ldap for zeppelin (that is i log in as anonymous), I can see that job is been submitted to yarn but it fails as user is `zeppelin-clusterName`. But when i use ldap with zeppelin it is not even getting submit to yarn.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

So guys @kbadani and @jzhang the issue finally got solved and thank you for your support. It was very trivial but very important property, livy.superuser was set to `zeppelin-<cluster name in uppercase>` but the principal was in lower case 😛 . And changing that solved the issue, @kbadani You pointed out that property but I didnt know that it is case sensitive.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Rising Star

Hey @kbadani, thanks for getting back. I did this but no luck, I also checked after restarting the services but the 403 error persists.

@Bhavin Tandel Can you please post what error you are getting in livy server logs ?

Rising Star

@kbadani Sorry for the delay, I have attached the live.out log

livy-out.txt

Super Collaborator

yarn app is started, could you check the yarn app log ? appid : application_1481021618182_0004

Rising Star

So guys @kbadani and @jzhang the issue finally got solved and thank you for your support. It was very trivial but very important property, livy.superuser was set to `zeppelin-<cluster name in uppercase>` but the principal was in lower case 😛 . And changing that solved the issue, @kbadani You pointed out that property but I didnt know that it is case sensitive.

@Bhavin Tandel good to know 🙂 Thanks