Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Getting error while doing distcp with two secure cluster.

We have two secure cluster with kerbores. While doing distcp getting following error.

Error:-

Caused by: GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Server not found in Kerberos database (7) - UNKNOWN_SERVER) at sun.security.jgss.krb5.Krb5Context.initSecContext(Krb5Context.java:710) at sun.security.jgss.GSSContextImpl.initSecContext(GSSContextImpl.java:248) at sun.security.jgss.GSSContextImpl.initSecContext(GSSContextImpl.java:179) at com.sun.security.sasl.gsskerb.GssKrb5Client.evaluateChallenge(GssKrb5Client.java:193) ... 38 more Caused by: KrbException: Server not found in Kerberos database (7) - UNKNOWN_SERVER at sun.security.krb5.KrbTgsRep.<init>(KrbTgsRep.java:73) at sun.security.krb5.KrbTgsReq.getReply(KrbTgsReq.java:192) at sun.security.krb5.KrbTgsReq.sendAndGetCreds(KrbTgsReq.java:203) at sun.security.krb5.internal.CredentialsUtil.serviceCreds(CredentialsUtil.java:311) at sun.security.krb5.internal.CredentialsUtil.acquireServiceCreds(CredentialsUtil.java:115) at sun.security.krb5.Credentials.acquireServiceCreds(Credentials.java:449) at sun.security.jgss.krb5.Krb5Context.initSecContext(Krb5Context.java:641) ... 41 more Caused by: KrbException: Identifier doesn't match expected value (906) at sun.security.krb5.internal.KDCRep.init(KDCRep.java:143) at sun.security.krb5.internal.TGSRep.init(TGSRep.java:66) at sun.security.krb5.internal.TGSRep.<init>(TGSRep.java:61) at sun.security.krb5.KrbTgsRep.<init>(KrbTgsRep.java:55)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Bala Vignesh N V

I have found the acurate issue. Issue was kerberos cross realm. I have configured cross realm:-

https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/18686/kerberos-cross-realm-trust-for-distcp.html

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Ashnee Sharma

As the log says that the provided credentials were unable to be identified.

Causes may fall under any of the below:

• The user set the $KRB5_CONFIG environment variable to something other than the default value of /etc/krb5.conf. The HDFS client will not source the $KRB5_CONFIG from the user's shell.
  • /etc/gphd/hadoop/conf/hdfs-site.xml does not have the correct Kerberos configuration for the namenode HDFS principal.
  • The DNS does not resolve the correct Fully Qualified Domain Name.
  • The Kerberos client libs version do not match the server.
  • Kerberos encryption defaults differ between the client and the KDC.

Refer the link for the solution on how to overcome this.

https://discuss.pivotal.io/hc/en-us/articles/202210763-The-Secure-HDFS-Error-No-valid-credentials-pr...

Hope it help in solving your issue.

@Bala Vignesh N V

I have found the acurate issue. Issue was kerberos cross realm. I have configured cross realm:-

https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/18686/kerberos-cross-realm-trust-for-distcp.html

@Ashnee Sharma

Good article. Thanks for sharing!