Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Getting error while loading Druid over Hive

Explorer

Hi All,

I am testing Druid with Hive2 and managed to push sample data (1.5M aggregated rows) the way described, but when I try to build a dataset with 192M rows, I got error ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException at io.DruidRecordWriter. I searched Hive Jira and it is a bug that is resolved, but I understand this is not applied on HDP 2.6.2 that I am using. Is there any workaround?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

The only fix is to apply the patch and replace the druid-hive-handler jar. It is only one jar that needs to be replaced. Otherwise 2.6.3 will have the fix if you want to wait. Sorry

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Expert Contributor

The only fix is to apply the patch and replace the druid-hive-handler jar. It is only one jar that needs to be replaced. Otherwise 2.6.3 will have the fix if you want to wait. Sorry

Explorer

I replaced every hive-druid-handler*.jar in my cluster with the new version, but now I am getting "org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: java.lang.NullPointerException: cache" error. I think I will have to wait for 2.6.3 and hope it will work.

Expert Contributor

can you please past the log error stack?

Explorer

Thanks @Slim. I'm attaching one task's log. hive-20171002172650-1672cd6f-dec7-46ca-bb45-f52491.txt.

Expert Contributor

seems like you are compiling/building with the wrong druid version. Can you please explain how are you building this? are you using druid 0.10.1 or previous release?

Explorer

@Slim

I am using HDP 2.6.2 and the installed version of Druid is 0.9.2. Is there any way to upgrade Druid while bypassing Ambari?

Master Mentor

@Burak Bicen

I will suggest opening a separate thread will be more useful. As this is slightly unrelated question to this thread. Even though the topic is related to Druid. That way you might get more accurate response.