Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Granting access to secured HDF after initial admin

Expert Contributor

Hello,

I've created an HDF instance that authenticates with LDAP, the initial admin was setup using a SSL certificate so I can get into the NiFi console as the admin user. I am trying to grant access to another non-admin user and getting the below error when trying to login from another host that does not have certificate:

2016-09-27 17:56:55,897 INFO [NiFi Web Server-28] o.a.n.w.s.NiFiAuthenticationFilter Authentication success for cn=test user,ou=users,dc=hadoop,dc=com

2016-09-27 17:56:55,898 INFO [NiFi Web Server-28] o.a.n.w.a.c.AccessDeniedExceptionMapper cn=test user,ou=users,dc=hadoop,dc=com does not have permission to access the requested resource. Returning Forbidden response.

It looks like its authenticating fine with my LDAP server but running to issues with authorization.

In the NiFi console i've created that user, "cn=test user,ou=users,dc=hadoop,dc=com" and granted access policy to "view the component.

Here is login-identity provider:

<property name="User Search Base">OU=users,DC=hadoop,DC=com</property>

<property name="User Search Filter">uid={0}</property>

and the results of ldapsearch:

# test user, users, instream.com

dn: cn=test user,ou=users,dc=hadoop,dc=com

uid: tuser

Am I creating the user incorrectly in NiFi or require any additional settings in nifi.properties?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

Have you granted that user the global policy to "view the ui" from the policies section in the top-right menu?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Master Guru

Have you granted that user the global policy to "view the ui" from the policies section in the top-right menu?