Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HBase Shell giving error

Contributor

NoMethodError: undefined method `getTerminal' for Java::Jline::Terminal:Module

refresh_width at /usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/hbase/lib/ruby/shell/formatter.rb:33

initialize at /usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/hbase/lib/ruby/shell/formatter.rb:46

(root) at /usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/hbase/bin/hirb.rb:128

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found it required higher version of protobuf jar so I updated HBase lib by replacing to protobuf-java-3.1.0.jar from protobuf-java-2.5.0.jar, still facing same error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Did you make any changes in the hbase classpath or any new jars added to the lib directory? It seems that you have wrong jline there.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

@@HARISH BAJPAI

For example you can refer to the following link which says that lots of methods have been removed between 2.5 and 3.0 version of Protobuf-java

https://abi-laboratory.pro/java/tracker/timeline/protobuf-java/

You can get the details by clicking on the "Removed Methods" and "Added Methods" links

Guru

Hbase in HDP-2.5 will NOT work with protobuf-3.0. Please refrain from manually changing libraries or classpath entries of any of the HDP components.

Contributor

I have HDP2.5, I changed protobuf-3.0 with default one.

Contributor

cat /etc/hbase/conf/hbase-site.xml |grep -1 hbase.tmp, please make sure chmod 777 to hbase.tmp.dir . Things should work after same.

Contributor

[root@HDCLUS01-HOST6 lib]# cat /etc/hbase/conf/hbase-site.xml |grep -1 hbase.tmp

<name>hbase.local.dir</name>

<value>${hbase.tmp.dir}/local</value>

</property>

--

<property>

<name>hbase.tmp.dir</name>

<value>/tmp/hbase-${user.name}</value>

----------------------------------------------------------- As mentioned above I provide chmod 777, but my bad still getting same error

Contributor

I changed jruby-complete-1.7.4.jar to jruby-complete-1.6.8 in /hbase/lib, I tried to restart HBase but not Hmaster is stopped with "Connection refused to hdclus01-host6:16000"