Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDF cluster in PROD managed by Ambari, did a change in NiFi logback.xml using Ambari, do I need to restart the NiFi nodes to pick up the change

Expert Contributor

Hi All,

We have NiFi 1.2 installed as part of the HDF managed thru Ambari added INFO level to debug an issue, I made a change in NiFi logback.xml using Ambari, do I need to restart the NiFi nodes.

I read that any change in logback.xml is automatically picked up in 30 seconds, is this only when you directly change on NiFi node and not when we use Ambari to make the change?

Thanks

Dhireu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@dhieru singh

You are correct. When running NiFi in an Ambari managed cluster, you need to restart NiFi so the changes made in the Ambari UI are pushed out the the logback.xml file.

If you make the changes directly to the logback,xml, then NiFi will pick up those changes the next time it does the refresh. But, the next time you restart NiFi via Ambari those changes would be over written if you didn't also make the changes via the Ambari UI.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@dhieru singh

You are correct. When running NiFi in an Ambari managed cluster, you need to restart NiFi so the changes made in the Ambari UI are pushed out the the logback.xml file.

If you make the changes directly to the logback,xml, then NiFi will pick up those changes the next time it does the refresh. But, the next time you restart NiFi via Ambari those changes would be over written if you didn't also make the changes via the Ambari UI.