Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDF3 installation problem

Explorer

Hi everyone,

when I arrive step 9 (install, start and test) i have this error : I try to install HDF3 (NIFI/ZOOKEEPER) using Ambari on one node (REDHAT7) , I go through all the steps but when

stderr: /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/errors-5.txt
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py", line 35, in <module>
    BeforeAnyHook().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 329, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py", line 26, in hook
    import params	

File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/params.py", line 101, in <module>
    hadoop_home = stack_select.get_hadoop_dir("home", force_latest_on_upgrade=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/functions/stack_select.py", line 210, in get_hadoop_dir
    stack_root = Script.get_stack_root()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 575, in get_stack_root
    stack_root = json.loads(stack_root_json)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_simplejson/__init__.py", line 307, in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_simplejson/decoder.py", line 335, in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_simplejson/decoder.py", line 353, in raw_decode
    raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
Error: Error: Unable to run the custom hook script ['/usr/bin/python', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py', 'ANY', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/command-5.json', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/structured-out-5.json', 'INFO', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/tmp', 'PROTOCOL_TLSv1', '']
stdout: /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/output-5.txt
2017-10-05 10:26:08,957 - Cannot find stack features for the stack named HDF
Error: Error: Unable to run the custom hook script ['/usr/bin/python', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py', 'ANY', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/command-5.json', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/structured-out-5.json', 'INFO', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/tmp', 'PROTOCOL_TLSv1', '']
2017-10-05 10:26:09,363 - Cannot find stack features for the stack named HDF

Command failed after 1 tries

I can not find a solution for this, any tips?

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hi @badr bakkou,

can you please check the ambari version(both server and agents) which you have chosen, it must be of 2.5.1, at the same time please ensure that you have the appropriate management pack as well (compatible version mentioned below.)

please find the compatible matrix here

Hope that helps !!

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

HI ALL,

I Have SAME ISSUE TO INSTALL NIFI USING HDF3.1 .AMBARI-SERVER AND AMBARI-AGENT SAME VERSION 2.6.1.0.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.0.6/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py", line 35, in <module>
    BeforeAnyHook().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 375, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.0.6/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py", line 29, in hook
    setup_users()
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.0.6/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/shared_initialization.py", line 51, in setup_users
    fetch_nonlocal_groups = params.fetch_nonlocal_groups,
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/base.py", line 166, in __init__
    self.env.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 160, in run
    self.run_action(resource, action)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 124, in run_action
    provider_action()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/providers/accounts.py", line 84, in action_create
    shell.checked_call(command, sudo=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 72, in inner
    result = function(command, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 102, in checked_call
    tries=tries, try_sleep=try_sleep, timeout_kill_strategy=timeout_kill_strategy)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 150, in _call_wrapper
    result = _call(command, **kwargs_copy)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 303, in _call
    raise ExecutionFailed(err_msg, code, out, err)
resource_management.core.exceptions.ExecutionFailed: Execution of 'usermod -G nifi -g hadoop nifi' returned 6. usermod: user 'nifi' does not exist in /etc/passwd
Error: Error: Unable to run the custom hook script ['/usr/bin/python', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.0.6/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py', 'ANY', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/command-2103.json', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.0.6/hooks/before-ANY', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/structured-out-2103.json', 'INFO', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/tmp', 'PROTOCOL_TLSv1', ''

Contributor

Hi @ sangameshwar swami,

Which version are you upgrading from? Did you follow the recommendations from previous answers in terms of upgrade sequence of the services?

I performed an upgrade from 3.0.1.1 to the latest 3.1.1 a week ago and had no major issues.

Regards,

Geouffrey

i am not upgarding hdf version , this issue is occurred at time of nifi installtion

Master Mentor

@sangameshwar swami

I see in the log that you haven't create the nifi user

raiseExecutionFailed(err_msg, code,out, err)resource_management.core.exceptions.ExecutionFailed:Execution of 'usermod -G nifi -g hadoop nifi' returned 6. usermod: user 'nifi' does not exist in/etc/passwd

Can you create the nifi user in the desired group and retry

it sholud create nifi user at time of installtion