Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HDFS HA not working

SOLVED Go to solution

HDFS HA not working

New Contributor

Hi,

I am trying manually to set up hdfs ha with no luck.. I do everything exactly like here: http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/documentation/core/latest/topics/cmug_topic_5_12_unique_... but at the end, I'll get this error:

INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: Determined nameservice ID: mycluster
INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: HA Enabled: false
WARN org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: Configured NNs:

142 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: FSNamesystem initialization failed.
java.io.IOException: Invalid configuration: a shared edits dir must not be specified if HA is not enabled.

Why ha enabled is false and system doesn't see my NNs (nn1,nn2).

Please advice me, what am i doing wrong...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: HDFS HA not working

New Contributor

It is  working!  There was some misspelling or something in configuration, because next morning after good sleep, I tried once again and got running.

3 REPLIES 3

Master Guru
Can you share your problematic core-site.xml and hdfs-site.xml contents here?

New Contributor

It is  working!  There was some misspelling or something in configuration, because next morning after good sleep, I tried once again and got running.

New Contributor

Hi,

I am facing same error or problem, what was that property you mis-spelled or wrote incorrectly ? Please mention.

Maoj