Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDP 2.3.4 failed, parent directory /usr/hdp/current/hadoop-client/conf doesn't exist

Expert Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I am installing 3 node Cluster following instructions

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.1.0.0/bk_Installing_HDP_AMB/content/ch_Getting_Rea...

but in the step 9 i am failing with below error on 2 machines out of 3 .. on second node everything is fine

i am failing hbase client install and hdfs client install

can you please help

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 118, in run_action
    provider_action()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/providers/system.py", line 87, in action_create
    raise Fail("Applying %s failed, parent directory %s doesn't exist" % (self.resource, dirname)) 

resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Applying File['/usr/hdp/current/hadoop-client/conf/hdfs-site.xml'] failed, parent dir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

i reinstalled and problem was fixed , dont know what was the issue

Thsi time installation went fine

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Super Guru
@ripunjay godhani

Can you make sure your machines have access to repository to download packages. Make sure iptables and selinux are disabled on the machine.

Master Guru

Ambari agents running everywhere? SSHless setup. Firewalls configured. Running as the correct user?

Correct permissions on directories and files?

Sometimes a reboot helps.

Master Guru
@ripunjay godhani

Can you please check if other components inside /usr/hdp/current are pointing to your hdp version ?

It looks like symlink is broken. Please compare with good node and see if you can fix it.

Expert Contributor

Hi Kuldeep ,

i see symlinks are broken on 2 machines, and i have only 1 machine where symlinks are good

but required symlinks are not present on good node

how to resolve this issue , sorry for replying late

how come we have unexpected behavior during installation that some symlinks are broken and some are good , its bug in hortonworks installer , what do you think ?

Thanks

Ripunjay Godhani

Super Guru

@ripunjay godhani

I faced this issue two days back and it was little frustrating, but since I didn't had time to debug further therefore I stopped all the services then removed all the hdp components packages and /usr/hdp directory from the node where I was having the issue and ran the "add host" wizard from Ambari UI again. After that installation went well without any issue.

It seems to be an issue with installer at some point which causing this inconsistency in installation process.

Expert Contributor

i reinstalled and problem was fixed , dont know what was the issue

Thsi time installation went fine