Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDP 2.4 & 2,5 sandbox on Azure...where is start_sandbox.sh script

I'm trying to follow the port forwarding for Azure tutorial but when it tells me..

The script in the Azure VM that is responsible for creating the dockerized Sandbox container is located at /root/start_scripts/start_sandbox.sh.

when I ssh into the machine as root the directory and file do not seem to exist? Am I missing something? Is there something special I need to do in Linux to see this dir?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

Hi @Allan Ferguson

I just installed the Azure 2.5 Sandbox. You must make sure you are the root user (or a sudo user) to see within the /root dir. When you login using your regular account (in my case, my username is 'azure'), you can see in the screenshot that I sudo to the superuser account and then can list the directory and see the dir and scripts.

screen-shot-2017-08-03-at-93123-am.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Guru

Hi @Allan Ferguson

I just installed the Azure 2.5 Sandbox. You must make sure you are the root user (or a sudo user) to see within the /root dir. When you login using your regular account (in my case, my username is 'azure'), you can see in the screenshot that I sudo to the superuser account and then can list the directory and see the dir and scripts.

screen-shot-2017-08-03-at-93123-am.png

Thanks @Sonu Sahi, I have tried this but it still tells me it doesn't exist? I've tried on 2.4 and 2.5 sandbox..

23503-capture.png

Guru

@Allan Ferguson what is the port you ssh'd on? I'm wondering if you are SSH'ing into the Sandbox or the docker container

You where correct I was ssh'd to the wrong machine... Once I used port 22 everything is where it should be...thanks

I was using the web client in ambari and Putty on port 2222 I think... I'll have to confirm tomorrow when I'm back in the office....